Image Entertainment has announced the release of The Twilight Zone: The 5th Dimension Limited Edition Box Set. For the first time ever, Rod Serling’s groundbreaking Original Series (1959-1964) and the classic 1980s Series (1985-1989) are together in one limited edition box set. With only 7,500 sets created, this limited edition 41-DVD box set is available on November 11, 2014 for a suggested retail price of $349.98. Although I'm sure price will vary from place to place. I love the Twilight zone and am really hoping to pick up one of these sets. This series is a beloved classic that is still a major part of our culture today.
In addition to the two beloved series (225 episodes combined), and more than 20 hours of bonus features listed below, The Twilight Zone: The 5th Dimension Limited Edition Box Set contains one of four possible collectible 1960s Twilight Zone comic books(ooooh comics). Limited Edition packaging features 3D black and white lenticulars and a serialized number on each of the box sets. I personally would love to hunt down all the comics.
Over 20 hours of bonus features include:
· New featurettes with never-before-seen interviews
· The “American Masters” documentary Rod Serling: Submitted For Your Approval
· Dozens of audio commentaries previously available only on blu-ray
· Rod Serling interviews, lectures and appearances
· Interviews with cast and crew
· Original sponsor billboards
· Isolated music scores
There are a ton more features and the set just looks pretty!