This week is looking to hold something, especially August didn't have, some confident successors after big films are in theaters for 3 weeks, and are going to drop from number one. So let' see how good these competitors are.
So The Kingsman: Golden Circle has gotten an outstanding $15.3 million, which means a theater average of about $3,828 per theater. What does this mean for the future? Well by comparing to Ted 2, which has a close theater average of $3,860 from Friday, The Kingsman could get about $38,652,868. Now based on what Box Office Mojo said I am pretty on point with their estimates. Now however, can I make this opening a bit better? Say maybe $48 million perhaps? Let's find out how.
1. First on Saturday it will need a 30% increase, meaning a theater average of about $4,976.
2. Then on Sunday this film can have a drop of about 46.5% or lower to just get $48 million. Which also means a theater average of about $2,662 per theater.
I am actually confident that this movie could do good enough to get even 50 million, but I think $48 million is just good enough of a box office opening.
Now we finally have something from Ninjago, and it doesn't at all look good. The film only got about $5.8 million, and by comparing to a movie like say Storks, this movie could make about $21,206,280. So unless It has a drop of about 66%, It could take the number 2 spot tops. Now could we make the Ninjago look better, like at least $25 million. Well here's how.
1. So on Saturday it must somehow get an 85% increase, which means a theater average of about $2,651.
2. Then on Sunday the film must get a drop of anything lower than 21%. Which means a theater average of about $2,068.
By the way, both Lego films have a Sunday drop of about as low as 30%. So Ninjago will be I guess this new series's first somewhat failure.
Now let's talk about the true king of horror, It. It today, didn't get 1st place, but did top Ninjago, with about 9 million, meaning a theater average of about $2,266 from about 4,007 theaters. By comparing to itself we could get second place with about $28,449,700. Yes even when I was generous to Ninjago and said that it could make about 25 million, it still is beaten by It. I mean I think as much as I would want to improve this movie's weekend, I think it has done so well that if it honestly left theaters right now I believe that this film would still be classified as a success. Still I believe it could actually make it to 30 million, so here's how.
1. It on Saturday must make a 40% increase, which could happen thanks to the theater drop. The theater average will need to be $3,172.
2. Then on Sunday it can have a drop of about as low as 35.4%. Meaning a theater average of about $2,046, so it can just get about 30 million.
Ok to be fair this won't be easy, but at least it isn't a situation that is only easier said than actually done.
Then there is the rest below.
American Assassin made $1.85 million, meaning a theater average of $587 per theater. What does this mean? Well after some calculations I find that this film could make, $4,753,078. Yes, this film could have a 2nd week drop of about 68%. Now with that said could I just raise it to 6 million. Well let's find how.
1. On Saturday this film must have a 30% increase, meaning a theater average of about $763.
2. Then on Sunday the film can just have a drop of about 27%, meaning a theater average of about $550.
Yeah I most likely doubt this will actually happen because even on it's opening weekend it droped on Saturday
Then there is Home Again, which made about 1.063 million dollars, meaning a theater average of about $396. So anyways after calculations I found that this film could make $3,313,290. Ok how about 4 million. Let's see how
1. So on Saturday this film must get an increase of about 75%, coming from the theater drop, meaning a theater average of $693.
2. Then on Sunday it can have a drop as low as 42.2%, with a theater average of about $396.
Well at least it is much more possible than Then American Assassin.
Mother seemed to just get 1.03 million, meaning a theater average of $437. After calculations I found that Mother could make $2,524,288. Now this will need an improvement. How about at least 3.5 million. Let's see how.
1. So on Saturday this film must get a 33% increase, you know what I am sorry but I can't see this getting an increase, because most people would want to see it all. Still if it finds a way to increase then it will need a theater average of about $581.
2. Then on Sunday it must have at least as low of a drop as 20%. Ok now as much as I would say that at least it drops, at the same time I expect it will drop lower. Anyways theater averages will need to be $465.
As much as I wouldn't want to say this, Mother looks to be failing hard-core. Expect Mother to drop off the top ten by next week easily.
Next is Friend Request which made about $750k, with a theater average of $291. After comparisons to Incarnate we get $2,071,265. If it wasn't for the 2,000+ theaters this film would easily be at say maybe the 9th or 10th spot. Now could we get this to about 2.5 million. Well here's how.
1. On Saturday Friend Request will need a 30% increase, meaning a theater average of $378.
2. Then it can have a drop as low as 19%. meaning a theater average of about $306.
Yeah, sure it could maybe just make it. Expect this to be mentioned only here and then a week later everyone forgets about it.
Stronger got about $520k, meaning a theater average of about $906. This is beause this film is released in less than 600 theaters. So after comparing to Patriots Day ,at least when it was in only 7 theaters which is the most limited the film got, I find that this film could make $1,600,312. However, how about 2 million. Let's find how.
1. So on Saturday this film will need to get about a 25% increase. Meaning a theater average of about $1,133.
2. Then on Sunday this film will need an increase of about 30% so it can just get 2 million, making the theater average to be $1,473.
So yeah, I guess it might either ways have a theater increase.
Anyways, then there is The Hitman's Bodyguard which has gotten $460k from a theater average of about $255. Comparisons later I find this film could get $1,825,152. So at least this film could 8th place. As Stronger could get 9th place. Now as for The Hitman's Bodyguard I think it did good enough to finally be leaving the top ten. Now could I get this to about 2 million. Maybe, and here's how.
1. On Saturday it must have an increase of about 75%, with a theater average of about $394.
2. On Sunday it must have a drop as low as 7.8%. Yeah OK I doubt that this can actually happen so I am just going to move on.
Finally we have Wind River at number 10, with $366k from a theater average of $256. Comparisons later I find that this film could get $1,222,074. Yeah I believe that really this is the best it will do, as it is most likely going to be dropped from theaters at most 3-4 weeks from now. Besides, it had a decent run. Like usual I will say far-well to this film.
Anyways, I will post the Box Office Check on Monday this time because I have somethings to do tommorrow. Anyways see you tomorrow.