American Made, has so far grossed $6,066,144. Now comparing to Money Monster, we get a huge total of $18,007,920. Now maybe we could get a grand domestic total of about 45-70 million. Now with the huge 50 million dollar budget I think we could do better. So maybe without me let's see what is the closest stand alone estimate we could get.
After a while the best film for this is Argo, as this film could make $20,024,928. By the way, based on my calculations on how this could get 25 million, it is now too possible, Still here's how.
1. On Saturday this film must have an increase of 75%. Meaning a theater average of 3,510 per theater.
2. Then it can have a drop of about 22.5%. Meaning a theater average of $2,720 per theater.
Yeah let's except that this film could make about 20 million.
Next is surprisingly It. As It made just a bit more than 100 thousand more than what the Kingsman made, with $4,931,503, meaning a theater average of $1,259. Now comparing to itself we get a total gross of $16,114,538. Soon giving this film a grand domestic total of 289,987,328. Now it is pretty obvious that It will take in it's total run about 300-310 million domestically. I mean again like I said a long time ago, if you left It with that one weekend, It will still be considered a hit. I believe that it is good on it's own. Still maybe we can get it to about 18 million, so that if American Made drops, It can regain number one. Let's see how
1. On Saturday this film must have a 60% increase, Meaning theater averages of $2,014.
2. Then On Sunday this film must have a drop as low as 34.4%, so a theater average of about $1,321.
Ok granted this is not easy, but It has shown that It could do better than though.
Next is Kingsman: The Golden Circle, which has gotten $4,849,638. Meaning a theater average of $1,201. Comparing to itself we get a total of $12,4006,698. Now that is really bad, as this film, despite doing really good in foreign markets, can't save it's lacking grosses in the domestic box office. Now, sure the original had a huge drop, but this is a drop of 68.5%. However, maybe, just maybe we could get this to 15 million. Maybe? Let's see how.
1. So on Saturday this film must have an increase of 40% Meaning theater averages of about $1,681.
2. Then on Sunday this film can have a drop as low as 35.7%. Meaning a theater average of about $1,081.
I mean if it can't even make it to about 15 million, this film doesn't have hope here.
Next is The Lego Ninjago Movie. This film made about 2,699,349. Now comparing to itself, we get $10,910,712. Ok maybe we need to check somewhere else. Maybe by comparing it to Storks we get a better amount. Well yeah, but 11,679,642 isn't a huge amount.
Now as much as this is not a good looking number, I believe that really this is it. Really this film with its mixed reviews and surprisingly tough competition makes this film an expected flop. Now the budget I found is 70 million. Now I am predicting a total domestic gross of about 50-80 million. With also how otherwise not great it's doing in foreign markets expect this at most make about 2 times it's budget worldwide.
Anyways there's also Flat-Liners, which made about $2,148,784. Now comparing to the Lazarus Effect we get a total of $5,793,040. Well simply this film will honestly flop, unless the foreign market is interested. Why? Well I think a lot of people just learned about it maybe at most 3 weeks before it came to theaters. Oh by the way, I tried to see if we could get this film to about 9 million, and it's near impossible. Anyways, here's how.
1. So somehow, this film will need to get a 75% increase on Saturday. Meaning a theater average of about $1,479.
2. On Sunday, it can have a drop, as low as 17.9%. Meaning a theater average of about $1,214.
Seriously this is near impossible.
Next is Battle of the Sexes. This film had a theater increase of about 1,192. It made yesterday about $1,100,191, with a theater average of about $970. After comparing last week we find that this film could make $3,572,285. Now that is pretty alright, but not to great. So maybe we should make a better comparison. Maybe something like The Founder. Well it's only a bit better, with 3,759,674. Ok that isn't the greatest gross. So how about 4 million. Well, it's a bit better than Flat-Liners. Let's see how.
1. So on Saturday this film must have a 60% increase, meaning a theater average of about $1,451. I mean with the theater growth this can happen.
2. Then on Sunday this film can have a drop of about 35.3%. Meaning a theater average of about $939.
Actually I am more confident that this film could do it.
Then we get to American Assassin, which made about $936,200, with a theater average of $310. meaning a total gross of about $3,143,820. Now really this is a type of film that really doesn't seem to look really a lot better than what it will do. I mean it's second week drop was 57.9%. So I will just leave it as it is.
Next is Home Again, which made about $530,880, meaning a theater average of about $224. Then we eventually get a total of about $1,682,700. OK, maybe Bridget has something more. Well $1,813,050, isn't too much lot better. I mean going against It, this film did ok. Still I feel like it could do at least a bit better. Maybe, something like 2 million. Well here's how.
1. On Saturday this film will need a pretty big 67% increase on Saturday. Meaning a theater average of $374.
2. Then On Sunday it will need a 34% or lower to get about 2 million. The theater averages also need to be about $247.
All I can say is, we will need to see.
Now there is also the new surprise film, Til Death Do Us Part. this film has made $506,362. Now comparing to When the Bough Breaks we could get $1,385,892. Now that is pretty decent. However, maybe we could get this to 1.5 million. Let's see how.
1. On Saturday this film must make an increase of about 25%. Meaning a theater average of about $1,126.
2. On Sunday this film can have a drop of about 35%, and have a theater average of about $732.
Yeah, you know what, I could see this film make that much.
Then finally we have Mother. Now I said that this film would drop off the top ten this week. However, it hasn't, for now. Anyways, it made today about $439,760, meaning a theater average of about $239. After calculations, I find this film could get $1,397,892. You realize that by almost 12 grand this film could top Til Death Do Us Part.
However, I would want to ask, maybe if we find a better film we could get a bigger total. Maybe something like Side Effects. If we do we find a total of 1,477,520. Now that is a bit better. Mean I will be honest, this film was so effected by terrible audience scores that really I can't make it better. This is pretty much as good as it can be.
Anyways, check out tommorrow for Box Office Check. This will be a tough battle for the number one spot. Anyways, have a good day.