#MichaelMann’s crime masterpiece #Heat is returning to theaters for one night only on Tuesday, May 2nd. Presented by #AlamoDrafthouse and #TwentiethCenturyFoxHomeEntertainment, the newly restored print overseen by Mann himself will be screened in over 20 theaters across the country and feature a Livestream Q&A with Mann from the #RegencyVillageTheater in #LosAngeles.
Fans can get tickets to the Los Angeles event and see the Q&A live and in-person at http://www.gofobo.com/heatla. Tickets for theaters livestreaming the event throughout the U.S. can be purchased through https://drafthouse.com/event/heat-with-michael-mann-livestream-qa. This event is in honor of the all new HEAT: DIRECTOR’S DEFINITIVE EDITION, arriving on Digital HD, Blu-ray and DVD May 9th.
In the wake of a precision heist of an armored van, the crew of a fierce, professional thief (De Niro) and an obsessively driven LAPD detective (Pacino) are locked in deadly opposition as they vector towards each other in Mann’s dazzling, twilight vision of Los Angeles. As the stakes escalate and their lives begin to unravel, the crew initiates its most dangerous and complex heist.
Taking inspiration from the late Chicago police detective #CharlieAdamson – who killed the actual #NeilMcCauley in a shootout in 1963 – “Heat” was the culmination of years of research by Mann resulting in its depth and range of characters and choreography of action. With its epic scale and stunning performances from Pacino, De Niro, #ValKilmer, #TomSizemore, #AshleyJudd, #AmyBrenneman, #DianeVenora, #NataliePortman and #JonVoight, “Heat” is as incendiary as it was 20 years ago.
*Actor, #ScentofaWoman, 1992
***#TheAviator, 2004, Best Picture (Michael Mann and Graham King, Producers)
#TheInsider: Directing, Best Picture (Michael Mann and Pieter Jan Brugge, Producers), Adapted Screenplay (Eric Roth, Michael Mann).
Participating Locations and Theaters:
- Live Screening and Q&A with director Michael Mann
Los Angeles – Regency Village Theater at 7:30pm
- Alamo Drafthouse Livestream Q&A Theaters (all times local) – https://drafthouse.com/event/heat-with-michael-mann-livestream-qa
- Austin Drafthouse Village; Austin, TX – 7:30pm
- Alamo Drafthouse Mason Park; Houston, TX – 7:30pm
- Alamo Drafthouse Mainstreet; Kansas City, MO – 7:30pm
- Alamo Drafthouse Littleton; Littleton, CO – 6:30pm
- Alamo Drafthouse Loudoun; Ashburn, VA – 8:30pm
- Alamo Drafthouse Lubbock; Lubbock, TX – 7:30pm
- Alamo Drafthouse Laredo; Laredo, TX – 7:30pm
- Alamo Drafthouse Marketplace; New Braunfels, TX – 7:30pm
- Alamo Drafthouse Omaha; Omaha, NE – 7:30pm
- Alamo Drafthouse Richardson; Richardson, TX – 7:30pm
- Alamo Drafthouse Westlakes; San Antonio, TX – 7:30pm
- Alamo Drafthouse Winchester; Winchester, VA – 8:30pm
- Alamo Drafthouse El Paso; El Paso, TX – 6:30pm
- Alamo Drafthouse Chandler; Chandler, AZ – 5:30pm
- Alamo Drafthouse Corpus Christi; Corpus Christi, TX – 7:30pm
- Tampa Theater; Tampa, FL – 8:30pm
- Normal Theaters; Normal, IL – 7:30pm
- Cinema Detroit; Detroit, MI – 8:30pm
- Brattle Theater; Boston, MA – 8:30pm
- Michigan Theater; Ann Arbor, MI – 8:30pm
“Heat” Director’s Definitive Edition Arrives on Blu-ray, DVD & Digital HD May 9th
Check out Irish Film Critic for more exciting news, reviews, and giveaways.