I Robot is an action/sci-fy movie with many explosions. Who Framed Roger Rabbit is a comedy featuring iconic cartoon characters. Very different right? Not if you use the words "toon" and "robot" interchangeably.
- Both movies center on a cynical detective who holds a grudge on all robots/toons because of their affiliation with his tragic past.
- A lovable individual robot/toon is framed for murder of a human.
- An alluring female sidekick.
- The victim leaves an illegible message.
- A high-speed car chase in a self-driving car.
- The bombastic villan masquerades as a paragon in the human justice system to make an attack.
- A substance made specifically for the villain's end.