Sometimes I feel like I was born in the wrong era. Many of us have felt this melancholic, almost nostalgic feeling and music is the reason why. It's not that it makes me feel sad, it actually brings my spirits up, but the feeling of closeness to a time that doesn't exist no more emits a kind of longing that's beautiful, but that also makes no sense at all. I love this feeling, strange enough, and it's the romance and love behind it that keeps me going back. The chords, the melodies, the harmonies, the vocal dynamics, all of this had a life of its own back in the days and it's hard to find that in many of today's pop music. I would like to share with you 10 of my favorite '60s songs and hopefully you'll feel the same way I do. Enjoy!
- The One Cœur de pirate Song That Will Make You Want To Learn French
- Stuck On A Beat? Here Are 10 Old Jams To Help Combat Producer's Block
1. Dean Martin - "Sway"
2. Elvis Presley - "Can't Help Falling In Love"
3. The Mamas & The Papas - "California Dreamin'"
4. Bobby Darin - "Dream Lover"
5. Bobby Darin - "Beyond The Sea"
6. Frank Sinatra - "Fly Me To The Moon"
7. Del Shannon - "Runaway"
8. Frank Sinatra - "The Way You Look Tonight"
9. Andy Williams - "Moon River"
10. Paul Anka - "Put Your Head On My Shoulder"
Which song was your favorite? Do you have any favorite songs from the 1960s? Let me know in the comments below!
Don't forget to join MusicMoguls, our growing community where music lovers everywhere can share and discuss what they love.