Picture this: You send you kids off to school, only to have them killed. It's horrifying to think of people who want to hurt innocent children who has nothing to do with anything. These are the 5 worst school massacres that are a parent's worst nightmare.
5. Virginia Tech Shooting. On April 16, 2007, in Blacksburg, Virginia, 23-year-old senior student of Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech) Seung-Hui Cho went on a killing rampage, shooting and killing 32 people and injuring 17. Cho shot and killed himself on the scene. The Virginia Tech Shooting was labelled the worst shooting massacre in history, and the second most deadly killing by a single gunman in America.
4. Bath School Disaster. On May 18, 1927, school secretary Andrew Kehoe killed his wife, then ignited dynamite he had planted under Bath School, killing himself and 43 people, injuring 58 people. This attack was labelled the worst Massacre in American history.
3. Peshawar Massacre. On 16 December 2014, seven terrorists from Tehrik-i-Taliban stormed the Army Public School in Peshawar, Pakistan with guns, killing 141 people and injuring 114 people. A rescue operation was launched by the Pakistan Army's Special Services Group, who killed all seven terrorists and rescued 960 people from the school. This is the worst attack to have ever happened in Pakistan, surpassing the 2007 Karsaz attack.
2. Garissa University College Attack. On 2 April 2015, 5 terrorist gunmen stormed Garissa University in Kenya. Over 15 hours in which the siege took place, 148 people, most students, were killed, and 79 people were injured. 4 of the terrorists were killed on the spot, while the 5th one detonated his suicide vest, killing him and wounded others nearby. The terrorist group Al-Shabaab took responsibility for the attack. The attack was labelled the deadliest attack in Kenya.
1. Beslan School Siege. On September 1st 2004, several Islamic Groups took School Number One (SNO) in North Ossetia, Russia hostage with 1,100 captives for 3 days, before bombing the part of the school where most of them were hoarded, killing 385 or more people and injuring 783 people. The terrorist that hoarded the people into the part of the school that was bombed was also killed, and the other groups escaped.
Make sure your children- if you have any- go to school in a safe country and/or district, and make sure you know the histories of some of the people who live around the school, if you can. But a lot of school massacres aren't preventable, with the attacker being mentally insane (a lot of the time). So if your kid is killed don't blame yourself.
And, which school massacre did you find the most horrifying?
Which of these school massacres did you find most horrifying?
That's it! if you want to, feel free to post a comment of your opinion of this article or other things below! I'll take negatives as that I need to to a better job at writing articles.