Actors and actresses — who often spend days, months or sometimes years working together on set — often turn into real-life couples off-screen. These things happen in Hollywood all the time. That being said, some of these relationships might seem a bit weird from a fan's perspective. Imagine how awkward it is for fans when two actors whom they are used to seeing as on-screen siblings start dating off-screen.
Over the years there have been quite a few instances where on-screen siblings went on to date each other. Some of them even went on to marry each other. Let's take a look at the #TV actors who dated their on-screen brother or sister:
6. Michael C. Hall And Jennifer Carpenter
- Where They Met: Dexter (2006–2013)
- Characters Played: Dexter Morgan and Debra Morgan
- Their Story: Jennifer and Michael started dating back in 2007, just one year after the show aired for the first time. In spite of the fact that the actor coupling was common public knowledge, they decided to keep their marriage a quiet affair. Hall and Carpenter eloped on December 31st, 2008. Dexter being Debra's foster brother, the show writers decided to make Debra fall in love with Dexter. Little did the writers know that the marriage would be short-lived. The couple filed for divorce in December, 2010 and were officially divorced an year later.
5. Selena Gomez And David Henrie
- Where They Met: Wizards of Waverly Place (2007–2012)
- Characters Played: Alex Russo and Justin Russo
- Their Story: Selena Gomez and David Henrie — who played brother and sister on #Disney Channel's Wizards of Waverly Place — were briefly rumored to be dating in 2014 and then again in 2015. Though the couple never officially admitted their relationship, it is believed that after breaking up with Justin Bieber, Gomez went on to date her Wizards of Waverly Place co-star.
4. Chris Pratt And Emily VanCamp
- Where They Met: Everwood (2002–2006)
- Characters Played: Bright Abbott and Amy Abbott
- Their Story: She is a former agent of S.H.I.E.L.D and he is a guardian of the galaxy. Before Pratt and VanCamp joined the #MCU as Peter Quill a.k.a. Star-Lord and Sharon Carter a.k.a. Agent 13, they both starred together in a show called Everwood. The two actors met in 2002 and dated throughout the series.The couple eventually broke up in 2007, and Pratt went on to marry Anna Farris in 2009. It'll be interesting to see if Chris and Emily get to share a scene together when #AvengersInfinityWar hits theaters.
Check out Chris Pratt doing what he does best as Star-Lord in the trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2, which is set to hit theaters on May 5th, 2017:
- Could Sylvester Stallone Be Playing Starhawk In 'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2'?
- James Gunn Teases A Rocket & Groot Spin-off, Awesome Mix 2 Release Date, And More!
- This 'Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2' Spoof Trailer Is The Most Hilariously Weird Ish You'll Watch All Week
3. Emily VanCamp And Dave Annable
- Where They Met: Brothers & Sisters (2006–2011)
- Characters Played: Rebecca Harper and Justin Walker
- Their Story: Chris Pratt isn't the only only on-screen brother that Emily VanCamp has dated. Emily started dating Dave Annable in 2007, who played Emily's brother on Brothers & Sisters. The writers of the show even had to make some changes to the script so that Rebecca and Justin could date each other and eventually get married on the show. The actors' relationship lasted a little over an year before Emily left the show in 2010. Following Emily VanCamp's exit, Dave's now-wife (then-fiancé) Odette Yustman, was cast as his new love interest.
2. Lauren Graham And Peter Krause
- Where They Met: Parenthood (2010–2015)
- Characters Played: Sarah Braverman and Adam Braverman
- Their Story: Lauren Graham won our hearts over as Lorelai Gilmore in Gilmore Girls and she has done it again in the Netflix revival, Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life. In between those two projects, Lauren starred in a show called Parenthood where she met Peter Krause. The two actors met each other while playing siblings on the show. However, that didn't stop them from falling in love. They started dating in 2010 and have been together ever since.
- Oy With The Poodles Already! Netflix Is In 'Very Preliminary' Talks To Revive The 'Gilmore Girls' Revival
- If You're Out On The Road...Again? Netflix Confirms That A Second 'Gilmore Girls' Revival Is Being Discussed
1. Ian Somerhalder And Maggie Grace
- Where They Met: Lost (2004–2010)
- Characters Played: Boone Carlyle and Shannon Rutherford
- Their Story: Long before Maggie Grace appeared in the Taken trilogy in 2008 alongside Liam Neeson, she was already taken. Maggie dated his on-screen step brother, Ian Somerhalder in between 2006 and 2007. The two actors were again rumored to be dating in 2014 after Ian broke things off with his #TheVampireDiaries co-star #NinaDobrev, and before he started dating his now-wife, Nikki Reed.
Which of these off-screen couples were your favorite? Let us know in the comments section down below.