One of the most surprising benefits Ive discovered for being engaged to a gal from the Middle East, other than the vast cultural exchange, is the cooking.
Oh, yes ladies my gal COOKS!
Which is good since I am a lousy cook. : )
Hanna enjoys it and she brings a Middle Eastern flair to some really boring fitness/bodybuilding foods that I want to share with you today.
Heres just two quick tips from Hanna on making the ultimate in boring foods egg whites and tuna (yuck) taste incredible.
Note: If you are looking for an awesome treadmill for your home and gym, you can read our ProForm 6.0 RT treadmill reviews.
Lively Egg White Omelette
Lets face facts: Egg whites suck. At least that's what I USED to think until Hanna decided to experiment with my morning omelette.
Now I eat this stuff like it was candy.
Here's what she does:
- She cooks the veggies separate from the egg whites. You'd think this would be common sense, but I never did it and I've seen a lot of people just toss it all in together.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of olive oil with 1/2 teaspoon of coconut oil to the veggies. This alone improved the taste tremendously.
- Add 1/2 egg yolk to the veggies after cooking for 1 minute. This, again, is primarily for taste.
- Garlic! If you love garlic, heres your chance. Garlic ROCKS in egg white omelets.
- Use Pam or another non-stick spray for the egg whites and cook them like you would a normal omelette. Then pour the almost-cooked veggies in the middle. Do the omelette dance.
- Heres the SECRET SAUCE literally. This will sound nuts until you try it: Shrimp Cocktail Sauce
Okay Hanna's bright, but this was an accident. She thought it was salsa. But I've NEVER gone back to salsa after stumbling on this incredible treat! I have no idea why it tastes so good, but it makes the omelette.
Try these tips and see if your egg white omelette doesn't become your favorite meal of the day.
Canned Tuna Extraordinaire
Again, I have the lovely Hanna to thank for this.
Like egg whites, I used to HATE canned tuna. Now, again, I can eat this every night without complaint.
Heres what she does:
- She cooks the veggies the same way as in the omelette above and then pours the tuna from the can into a skillet. That's IT.
- I've never had tuna ala skillet before and I have no clue why this tastes so smooth and delicious, but it does.
- If you hate canned tuna for being dry or tasteless, try this. You'll never go back.
- If you want 40 pages of recipes like this very yummy and VERY healthy then be sure to pick up my EODD Favorite Foods Die plan.
Dont Quit. Get Fit!
P.S. Most of the recipes that come with my EODD book can be prepared in 15 minutes or less so do not let the clock become your enemy when it comes to getting lean!
And remember: You can eat your favorite foods several days per week on my plan and still get rid of excess bodyweight.
Why give up living when you dont have to, right? : )