“Just a boy playing with his drone. Keep moving. Nothing to see here.” - Levi
[Contains Spoilers for Raven’s Home Episode 3: Baxters Get Bounced]
It Burns! It’s Poisoned! It’s… Crunchy?
"Yes, Chels." - Raven Eats Chelsea's Cursed Pancakes
The episode begins at breakfast on a Saturday. Raven walks in and calls for the kids. They run to the table just as Chelsea enters with a plate of pancakes. The kids try to excuse themselves from the table. Raven gets the kids to sit and eat, despite trying to flee Chelsea’s cursed meal herself. She even switches the pancakes with her own. Chelsea catches her. She then manages to get Raven to eat one. This amuses the kids. Not mention the coffee is terrible.
"I made the coffee too." - Chelsea reveals to Raven that she made coffee as well.
A Real Fixer Upper
Chelsea: "Hey, Rae. The ah, toilet won't stop running."
Raven: "Did you try the jiggle, jiggle, stop. Jiggle, jiggle?"
Chelsea: "Yeah, then it jiggle jiggle broke."
Chelsea tells Raven that she broke the toilet
With the apartment falling apart at the seams, Raven refuses to call the landlord. Additionally, she fears what he’ll say about Chelsea and Levi living with her and the kids.
With the kids at home while Raven is at work, they try to use the dishwasher only for it to break down.
Booker tells Levi to go out and ensure Raven doesn’t come home early.
Drone Troubles And Witches
In the hall, Levi sits watch. He sits, playing with his drone when #Tess exits her apartment. She hits the drone with a bat and it flies into a neighbouring apartment. Levi becomes determined to get his drone back. Tess warns him that a witch lives in the apartment the drone flew into. Levi tells her that the drone was the last thing his dad gave him before he went to prison. The friends are disturbed in their search when a woman speaks up. Tess and Levi jump and scream:
Bling Bling Puppy Booty
Meanwhile, Raven is told to fix a bulldog’s pants by the boss #Paisley. She also wants to add bling to the bulldog’s booty. Yeah. Raven got into fashion design… for dogs. It appears that Paisley takes her for granted. It’s easy to see why Raven mocks her behind her back.
So Called Poisoning
In an attempt to help, Chelsea tries to talk to the landlord. He knows something’s off. He makes the mistake of drinking Chelsea’s coffee. He spits it out, accusing her of trying to poison him. Chelsea tries to reason with him. Only he slips and hits his head on the floor. Panicking, Chelsea ties him to a chair and locks him in a closet while he’s unconscious.
Kidnapping The Landlord?
Levi returns back at the apartment and opens the closet to find the landlord tied up. A freaked out Raven asks what’s going on. Chelsea hurries in and says she can explain. At the same time, the woman Levi and Tess had been visiting earlier enters. She’s surprised to see the man tied up. Levi asks how she knows the landlord. The woman tells him that the landlord is her son, #Phil.
You Can Stay
Phil tells Raven, Chelsea and the kids that they are kicked out. His mother stands up to him saying that he might be the landlord, but she owns the building. The woman, #Myrna tells Phil that while he sees two families, she only sees one. Myrna pulls Phil out of the apartment. She manages to convince him not to raise the rent and that Chelsea and Levi can stay.
Raven hugs Levi, thanking him for befriending Myrna. Booker complains that Levi is stealing his smooches. Raven then rallies the family together for a group hug.
Jokes And Gags
1) Raven is constantly insulting her boss. She is constantly mocking Paisley behind her back.
2) The landlord’s mother (Myrna) is said to be a witch. Levi and Tess find that she’s just a little old lady with a great love for her son. Oh, and dolls. Don’t forget the dolls. Spooky!
3) Another running gag is food. The episode has a tendency to reference Chelsea’s awful cooking skills.
4) In the early events of the episode, Raven tells Chelsea to use pliers to fix the issue with the flusher on the toilet. Because the apartment is falling apart, Raven has pliers for almost everything. Raven then mentions to the kids that she has a whole list of things that she needs to fix. Levi then mentions that she uses pliers for everything she fixes.
5) Another early running gag is that Chelsea is overly oblivious to the fact that her food is toxic.
6) There is plenty of motherly love between the three mothers in the episode.
7) The final gag is the reference to booties (the butt). The one time the term is different is when Booker says:
“I have a pretty cute tushie.”
References The Original Series
In the episode, there are two references to the original series.
1) Raven’s boss Paisley mirrors the snobby, squeaky voiced girls from Raven and Chelsea’s high school.
2) Chelsea makes a reference to her and Raven’s time at high school.
Of the three episodes that have aired, this was not my favorite. Though it was still enjoyable. I loved Myrna standing up to her son.
Need a refresher? Take a look at the Look Insides for the previous episodes.
What was your opinion of the episode? Tell us below!