What’s more satisfying than geeking out in real time with like-minded fans from around the globe?
Not much, we say! That’s why we’ve introduced Creators Chat, a new feature and app that has quickly become one of our favorite additions to the Creators community. We hope it’ll be yours, too.
Creators Chat is the perfect place to show off your knowledge and unique perspective on any topic, and connect with others who want to do the same – all without leaving the Creators website. This means you don’t need to get sidetracked by your Facebook newsfeed in order to talk about the latest Game of Thrones episode, and you also don’t need to bug your roommate anymore with your anime obsession (unless, of course, you secretly enjoy that).
What’s possible with Creators Chat?
The chat is super simple to use, but don’t let that fool you: it’s a powerful tool for talking about the things you love, gaining a larger audience for the articles you write, and strengthening your skills as a Creator.
Let’s break down some of the things you can do once you’ve logged in.
- Geek out about whatever you want. Just played a new game and want to talk about it? Get the conversation rolling in the #welcome channel. Or head over to one of our topic channels, like #nowloading-gaming.
- Connect with other like-minded fans. Find people who share your love of ‘80s comic books, UFC, you name it. Start a private group and add anyone by username.
- Share your work. Did you just hit publish on your magnum opus about Star Wars? Spread the word in #article-share.
- Ask for help. Our Community team is at your service! Just head over to the #support channel.
- Go one-on-one. Not everything calls for a big audience. You can easily direct message other fans or members of our Community team.
- Get feedback on your writing. If you’re a part of Creators Academy, there’s a special channel for you at #creators-academy where you can share your articles and ask for feedback from our Community team.
Whether you’re on your browser, Android or iOS device, you’ll always have easy access to Creators Chat.
Using Creators Chat: A few helpful hints
Once you’re logged in, you’ll notice a dark blue dashboard on the left (if you’re using the app, you need to swipe right to see it). That’s your home base, where you can find channels, direct messages, and private groups.
Let’s say you want to share your latest article. Click ‘channels’ to see a list of all your channel options – then select #article-share. You’ll then see a green button calling your name at the bottom that says ‘Join’. Once you’ve clicked that, you’re in! You can share your article, and even upload a celebratory GIF or two along with it.
To start a direct message or private group, click the little ‘+’ and add the username of the person you'd like to chat with. A Creator's username is listed at the end of their profile URL. For example: [email protected]. See, we told you it was simple!
So, dear Creators, let’s get chatting! And please, don’t hesitate to let us know what you think by getting in touch with us via the chat!