When it comes to renovation in most other parts of your home, things are relatively straightforward. However, this is not the case with your bathroom. You may plan things months in advance, taking everything into consideration and still end up with problems. Contrary to what a lot of people think, a great many things can go wrong with bathroom renovation.
Additionally, depending on your need or the problem at hand, there are different factors that you will need to think about. Also, if there is extensive plumbing to be done, that by itself, makes the whole matter so much more sensitive in general.
Which is exactly why one has to tread carefully while dealing with or even thinking about the prospect of bathroom renovations in general. Whether you happen to be desperately looking out for bathroom renovations in Sydney or anywhere else, being careful about the entire renovation process is an absolute must in every regard.
On that very note, let’s take a good look at some of the dos of bathroom renovation: -
- Stick to your budget as much as possible: In this regard, you can be sure of the fact that a budget is one of the biggest problems. Remember not to go overboard with the purchase of overtly-expensive tiles and showers.
- Preparation for extra expenses: Be sure to stick to your budget, but also don’t forget to neglect the fact that there may very well be unpredictable expenses that you can do nothing about. Hence, be sure to include just a bit of extra money in your budget.
- Hiring of a contractor: When all is said and done, you most certainly require a contractor in order to oversee all the aspects of the entire operation at large. Make sure that you entrust this particular job to no one else.
The don’ts of bathroom renovation :-
- Avoid DIY bathroom projects: This should be done, only once the remodelling process has been completely finished. Don’t tinker around the actual renovation process and instead, focus on the smaller touches and details, like tiny bathroom accessories and plants.
- Remember not to rush the plumbing: Since this is the riskiest aspect, rushing this could lead to leaks. Hence, let the plumber take his time, and don’t even think about changing the pipe layout by yourself.
- Don’t neglect the upper areas of the bathroom: In the case of a small bathroom, this aspect is vital. Since you have a small space at your disposal, make sure that you thoroughly utilise it by getting pieces that are high.
Any type of renovation usually tends to be a new and exciting process on the whole. Not only does it allow you to experiment with some new interior design ideas, but you can be sure of the fact that it will also restore the space as well.
However, you will also need to be a bit careful in this particular regard of experimentation. Sure, by all means experiment, but only to a certain degree. Make sure that you don’t go overboard as this hasty move could prove to be quite costly later on.
If certain designs and fittings make things worse with regard to both the overall look as well as the running of the bathroom, then you may very well have to retrace your steps and think of smaller renovations. In the worst case scenario, you might even need to redo the entire bathroom. Not a desirable or pleasant outcome by any stretch of the imagination. So do make sure that you consider each and every aspect beforehand itself.